Tripadvisor is one of the world’s largest travel platforms. Millions of people use this platform to document the highs and lows of their vacation experience. After which potential travelers use this information to plan out their trips and decide on where they would be staying. So if you own or manage a website for an accommodation, restaurant, bar, or any type of vacation attraction, these testimonials are crucial for building trust with these aspiring travelers.
The best way to showcase your TripAdvisor reviews is by embedding them directly onto your website. This prevents the user from having to leave your website to research your vacation attraction or accommodation thus increasing the user experience. In this article, I will be showing you how to embed TripAdvisor reviews onto your website using the Elfsight Reviews from TripAdvisor widget.
There are two variants of this widget a free version and a paid version. What’s the difference? The free version is limited to only 200 monthly views after which the widget will not be displayed until the quota resets the following month.
There are three tiers of the paid version, the most basic package offers a monthly quota of 5,000 views and the ability to remove the Elfsight branding from the widget.
If your website constantly receives more than 200 visitors each month I recommend upgrading to the first tear package which starts at $5 per month. Or if you intend to use more than one widget from Elfsight then I recommend purchasing their basic all apps pack which starts at $15 per month.
Table of Contents
Step 1 – Create An Elfsight Account
1. Head on over to Elfsight and create an account.
1. From the Elfsight dashboard use the search bar and type in “Reviews from TripAdvisor”.
2. Hover your mouse pointer over Reviews from TripAdvisor and click on “create widget”.
3. Select the widget template that you like then click on “continue with this template”.
4. Find your accommodation or vacation attraction on tripadvisor.com and copy the link.
5. Head back to the Elfsight tab and paste the link into the “place URL” section.
6. Insert a title and select your preferred language.
7. Set your required filters. (minimum rating you’ll like displayed, reviews that you would like to exclude and the number of reviews you’ll like to display)
8. Customize the layout of your widget.
9. Adjust your review template.
10. Style the widget to your liking.
11. Click on save at the top right to create your new widget.
How To Embed TripAdvisor Reviews Within a WordPress Page or Post
1. Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to the page where you want to add the widget.
2. Click on the add block icon and select “Custom HTML”.
3. Copy your code in the space provided.
4.: Visit the page to view the widget in action.
1. From your wordpress dashboard hover over appearance and click on widgets.
2. From the widgets page drag the custom HTML widget to a widget location that your theme allows.
3. Give the widget a title. E.g. TripAdvisor Reviews.
4. Return to the Elfsight dashboard and copy the widget’s HTML code.
5. Go back to the widget page and paste the code within the content area of the Custom HTML widget and click on “save”.
How To Embed TripAdvisor Reviews On an HTML Website
1. Open the HTML page file in your preferred code editor
2. Return to Elfsight and copy the widget code.
3. Find the location on the page where you would like to display the widget and paste the code.
4. Cut the script tag code that is located above the div tag and paste it at the bottom before the closing body tag.
5. Visit the page to view your TripAdvisor reviews.
Other Interesting Articles