Table of Contents Hide
- Create or Login To An Elfsight App Account
- Create and Configure The Facebook Reviews Widget
- Embed The Facebook Reviews Widget On Your Website
A Facebook business page is essential for any brand or business. These pages allow your customers to leave reviews and recommendations which in turn helps build your brand’s confidence and credibility. Additionally, you can showcase these Facebook reviews on your brand’s website to instantly build trust and provide social proof for your products or services.
Facebook reviews can be embedded on a website using the Elfsight Facebook reviews widget. With this widget, you can embed your Facebook reviews within a WordPress page, a WordPress post, the WordPress widget area, or even an HTML website.
Elfsigh provides both a free and a premium version of its Facebook reviews widget. The free version gives you access to all the features of the widget, however, it is limited by the number of times that the widget can be viewed on your website each month, which is only 200 views per month.
On the premium side of things, there are three paid tiers each with an increased monthly quota and the ability to white-label the widget (remove the Elfsight branding).
- The basic plan costs $5 per month and offers 5,000 views per month
- The pro plan costs $10 per month and offers 50,000 views per month
- The enterprise plan costs $25 per month and offers 5,000,000 views per month
I recommend that you select a plan based on the number of visitors your website receives each month.
Create or Login To An Elfsight App Account
1. Head on over to the Elfsight website and create or log in to an account.
Create and Configure The Facebook Reviews Widget
1. From your Elfsight dashboard use the search bar and type in “Facebook reviews”.
2. Hover over the Facebook reviews widget and click on “Create widget”.
3. Select a review template that you like then click on “Continue with this template”.
4. Next click on the blue “Connect to Facebook button” and follow the steps to link your Facebook account to the widget.
5. Give your widget a title, select the default display language, and set your preferred filters.
6. Click on the “layout tab” to the top then select a layout design and then configure the list settings, header settings, review request settings and adjust the width and height of the widget if needed.
7. Next click on the “review tab” and select a review look.
8. Select the individual review elements that you would like to display and then set how you would like the preview text to be displayed.
9. Click on the “style tab” and select your preferred colors, fonts, or even add in some custom CSS as you see fit.
10. Finally at the top left give your widget a name and then click on “save”.
Embed The Facebook Reviews Widget On Your Website
How To Embed Facebook Reviews Within a WordPress Page or Post
1. Head on over to your WordPress dashboard, find the page or post that you would like to embed your Facebook reviews on, and click “edit”.
2. Within the WordPress editor click on the “add new block icon” at the top left and select the custom HTML block.
3. Paste within the HTML block the widget code that you copied.
4. Visit the page to view your Facebook reviews.
How To Embed Facebook Reviews Within a WordPress Widget
1. From your wordpress dashboard in the menu to the left select appearance and then click on widgets
2. Find the Custom HTML widget and drag it over to one of the preset widget locations provided by your theme.
3. In the title field give your widget a name. E.g. Facebook Reviews.
4. Within the content field paste the widget code that you copied from Elfsight and click save.
5. Visit your website to view the widget in action.
How To Embed Facebook Reviews Within an HTML website
1. Open the HTML file for the page that you would like to embed your Facebook reviews on.
2. Find the location in the code where you would like to add your Facebook reviews and paste the code there.
3. Cut the code with the script tag from above the code within the div tag and paste it at the bottom right before the closing body tag.
4. Visit the page to view your Facebook reviews